Friday, July 17, 2009

"Flat Bread Pizzas"

Unfortunately for you, my camera didn't do the best job capturing these lovely pizza-type concoctions. However, I will still share the recipe here. The title is in quotes because if you are in the mood for ooey gooey cheesy pizza, this is not for you. But, if you are in the mood for a piece of flatbread topped with anything and everything, then get cooking.

At the place I currently work, there is a cafe, and they serve up individual flatbread pizzas daily. I adjusted this recipe by using store-bought lavash wraps (you can experiment with other unleavened bread of your choice) and whatever was in my fridge.

To start, take one lavash wrap and cut it in half so you have two long strips. In an oven pre-heated to 375 degrees (don't you hate when I tell you to pre-heat during the recipe. Ha ha.), bake the un-topped lavash for 5-10 minutes so they get brown and crisp (but not crispy).

Remove from oven and top with anything you like. For this recipe, I used tomatoes, corn, black beans, and cheddar jack cheese. Put the topped flat breads back in the oven and bake until cheese is melty and bubbly and brown on top.

Since I love avocados and this was definitely a very southwest dish... I topped my pizza with fresh avocado. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment